What We Believe
How to Become a Christian...
- The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
- God eternally reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image.
- The substitutionary death of Jesus Christ provides the only means of redemption. Salvation comes only to those who receive Him by personal faith.
- All true believers endure to the end.
- The New Testament church is an autonomous (self-governing) local congregation of baptized believers.
- Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of Jesus and anticipate His second coming.
God is a loving ruler of the world. He created us and put us on earth to represent Him. We, however, have sinned by rebelling and living life our own way. The result of our sin is judgment and death. Nonetheless, God has made a way to redeem us by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world. Jesus died on the cross to atone for our sins and rose from the dead to conquer death. Now, by receiving Jesus Christ through personal faith, we can be forgiven of our sins, reconciled back to God, and granted eternal life.
How to Become a Member...
Church membership is essential for Christian accountability and encouragement. Becoming a part of the Halteman Village Baptist Church family can happen in three ways. First, new Christians join by being biblically baptized, having made a public profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Second, believers from other evangelical denominations join upon their statement of faith and testimony of biblical baptism. Third, believers from other Southern Baptist churches join upon their statement of faith, testimony of biblical baptism, and transfer of church letter.
For our full doctrinal statement, please see the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
Sunday School: 9:30 AM
Morning Service: 10:45 AM
Prayer Service: 6:15 PM
4100 North Oakwood Ave
Muncie, IN 47304